Product UX/UI Designer
Fusion is an award-winning innovation agency connecting people to brands. We create experiences people love. At Fusion, you’ll be working in an environment where performing at a high level and meeting regular deadlines are balanced by a relaxing studio atmosphere and an active social club. As a member of a mid-sized team, your broader contribution towards the culture and growth of Fusion is highly valued.
We are looking for a highly motivated experienced digital UI/UX Designer with a passion for creating user experiences across varied digital platforms (Web/Mobile). If you excel in designing high-end, user-centric websites and apps, this is the opportunity you have been looking for.
As a UX/UI designer your responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders and internal team members to deliver exceptional online UX and UI designs for the client and the users.
- Actively contribute to improving our creativity and processes, sharing your ideas with the wider team.
- Provide direction across a variety of digital products.
- Produce effective designs in a variety of formats such as sketches, storyboards, wireframes, concepts, animations and clickable prototypes etc.
- Working across multiple disciplines (conceptualizer, UX, designer and tester).
Working with and supporting other team members throughout the execution of various projects.
- Confidently validating and rationalizing design decisions to key stakeholders when presenting your design work.
- Attending workshops with key stakeholders.
- Champion for upholding design and craft standards.
- Exporting visual assets for development team to implement.
- Contribute to business process improvements.
- Quoting and high level estimation.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 6+ years’ experience working as a dedicated digital UX/UI designer.
- Proficient in applying user-centred design methodologies and design thinking to design solutions.
- Strong experience using the following design tools: Sketch, Invision, JIRA, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Excellent written/verbal communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team from requirements/brief through to design.
- Thoroughly understand the fundamentals of accessibility best practices across the digital Web/Mobile platforms.
- Experience in designing solutions for adaptive & responsive environments.
- Experience in maintaining and developing consistent design systems across multiple platforms and projects (e.g. iOS, Android).
- Strong understanding of iOS and Android devices and operating systems/UI standards.
- Evaluating and identifying product design improvements.
- Ability to manage your own time to deliver to the highest standards, paying attention to detail.
- Take ownership and responsibility for work assigned.
- Willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve.
- A portfolio of proven experience to showcase your outstanding design achievements.
Nice to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in using After effects / Final Cut Pro for motion graphics and video editing (Lottie files for UI animations).
- Ability or interest in evaluating and learning new software.
- Front end development capabilities (HTML, CSS).
- Understanding of CSS and HTML best practices.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further develop their digital career in a fast paced environment, where you will be able to work across a wide range of forward-thinking digital initiatives for our growing client base. To get a feel for the broad range of our award-winning projects visit our website fusion.com.au
If you would like to apply please submit a cover letter and CV with a link to your portfolio.
Salary will be commensurate with the level of the applicant's experience.
Position is available to permanent residents of Australia only.
Only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.